(Updated 27 July 2016)
BOP Kids - BELFAST OSCAR PROGRAMMES
The Belfast Community Network is committed to the Vulnerable Children’s Act 2014 and Core Children’s workers will be assessed to ensure all staff are safe to work with children. Immediate start is required once vetting is complete.
We are looking for some who is able to work with children aged 5-13 years for a minimum of 15 hours per week during the school term from 2.30 – 5.30pm, work 30-40 hours during the school holidays and possibly at the morning programme from 7am-8.30am. Able to work alongside the Children's Coordinator to provide a great, fun, safe environment for our tamariki. Basic administrative skills are also required. The applicant must be experienced in leading a small team and managing up to 40 children. Please do ot apply if you do not have this experience. You must be over 20 years old to supervise due to our CYF approval.
Qualities we are looking for are:
• Experience in working with 5-13 year olds and able to lead an exciting, fun programme
• Be physically fit and able to play active games
• Able to plan and operate activities associated with the provision of both afternoon school care and school holiday programmes
• Be responsible for the esteem and well-being of the children.
• Be responsible for the provision of age and culturally appropriate activities and assistance to children to aid their development.
• Able to work within a team environment.
• Minimum Early Childhood Certificate would be an advantage
• Full Drivers licence and able to drive a manual van an advantage
• Current First Aid Certificate an advantage
Remuneration: $19-21 per hour dependent on experience and role.
If this sounds like you and you enjoy working with children, can start immediately, please apply now!
You will need to download an application form here or you can email Lee on 03 323 9731 or 021 267 0977 and request one.
Once completed email your CV, application form and a cover letter telling us why this job is for you, to: firstname.lastname@example.org. Phone Lee 03 323 9731 for further information.
Please note that applications will not be considered if you do not have the application form attached.